(Could serve 4ish)
4 or 5 courgettes of varying size - sliced as thinly as pound coins
extra virgin olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan
a small handful of blanched whole almonds
a few pine nuts
2 cloves of garlic - finely sliced
salt and pepper
a handful of chopped mint
a handful of freshly podded peas
1. Sprinkle the sliced courgettes with salt and set aside in a collander, on the draining board, for about 15 or 20 minutes.
2. On a moderate flame, fry the almonds until pinkish (3 or 4 minutes) then remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon.
3. Add the pine nuts to the pan and cook briefly, just until they begin to colour. Take them out and leave them with the almonds.
4. Pat the courgettes dry with kitchen towel before adding them to the hot pan. Cook for 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Season with pepper.
5. Add the garlic and half of the mint. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. Return the nuts to the pan along with the peas. Cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Turn into a serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining mint.
This dish can be served hot or at room temperature. (I'll be eating what's left cold if Ruth doesn't get to it first!)